||[Feb. 11th, 2011|11:53 am]
The Borgo Pass: A Community for Dracula Fans
I became a fan of Dracula this past fall and stumbled across this community today, so here I am.
1) Your username and why you picked it. Mash-up of my name and initials.
2) Gender? Female.
3) Age? 24.
4) Blood Type? O... something. The most common one.
5) Why are you a Dracula fan? I like the novel because of: the selfless love, friendship, and loyalty between the Fellowship of the Crucifix (as I call the team of vampire hunters), the mystery and darkness surrounding Jonathan's stay in the castle, the novelty of seeing the heroes as the hunters rather than the hunted in the Return phase of The Hero's Journey, how Mina's psychic link with Dracula reminds me of Harry Potter and Voldemort, and the feminism of how the men's misogynistic chivalry regarding Mina completely backfires. It also contains the sexiest passage in all of literature, but this does not mean I ship Mina Harker with her metaphorical rapist.
6) The Best Vampire Film You’ve Ever Seen? None. Does the Dracula ballet count?
7) The Worst Vampire Film You’ve Ever Seen? None, but based on the 7 chapters of Twilight I foolishly forced myself to be read before I couldn't take it anymore, I'm sure it would be one of them. *shudder*
8) Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream? Peppermint pattie
9) Random Fact About Yourself? I am a TV Tropes addict trying to quit the habit.